Why You?

My mind ponders as I reminisce,
The memories woven by our existence,
And the bizarre fate that hones,
Life and its melancholic tones,

Yes, you were there,
Standing beside me unaware,
Of the future that binds us two,
Unevitably leaving us no clue,

Why then does it have to be you?
With the vastness of the ocean so blue,
The intricacy of creatures & foes,
And the passing epochs of joys and woes,

Timidity of my heartbeat unexplainable,
Feelings for you seems unbearable,
For you I have just been a shadow,
Unnoticed as a tiny flower among the willows,

Who am I to tell you anyway?
You’re near and yet so far away,
Your stares and glances reserved enough,
For someone who struck you with love so tough,

Then why does my heart speak of you?
You’re not even my ideal man of cue,
I just can’t understand the reason why,
Even of catching the thrill of a sly,

Everything between us just seems feeble,
That I’d rather think it’s impossible,
Than to hope for something unreachable,

I’ll stay just as inconspicuous,
A loving friend less momentous,
Partaking with your laughter & Fears,
Always willing to shed a tear…

February 21, 2006-by Diana Mae R. Bebelone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning How to use the English language effectively