The Other Side of your Heart

Behind the portrait of your eyes,
A placid soul lies,
Serene as the blue sea,
Yet perturbed by its perplexity.

For beyond your soul’s silence,
Hides a heart torned by turbulence,
A dilemma of chance & choice,
That mixed emotions would never rejoice.

Rapid melancholic beats,
Reverberating as it hits,
The highest mellow tone,
Of a music forbidden by its own,

For within that empty space,
Lies a memory of a woman’s face,
The lady you have loved so dear,
Amidst the moment unclear,

Pouring all your love unto her heart,
Here I am unnoticed since the start,
Joys and excitements you had with her,
Woes & bitterness alone I suffer.

Why hast thou caused me this enigma?
Is this love influenced by some dogma?
Or a simply perennial feeling of longingness,
Caught by a bait of powerlessness,

Who am I to move you?
Forcefully tell you what to do,
For you I am just an ordinary someone,
Who could never be that special One.

For deep within your heart,
I could never replace that woman’s part,
In your life as it never departs,
Frozen by memories of fate’s art,
Could I just be at the other side of your heart?

September 15, 2006
By Diana Mae R. Bebelone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning How to use the English language effectively